27/10/2012

Stitched Collage workshop

Yet another day spent creating some fabulous stitched collages. 6 ladies came to my studio to begin to create unique work influenced by my work and techniques. After a discussion about my work, how I develop my ideas and how the stitched collage work came about, they began to look at the images they had brought and began sketching some basic ideas.


From these sketches, backgrounds were created. Trying out colour combinations, cutting, ripping and then the sticking began. Working on each layer of the stitched collage sandwich everyone developed their drawing into a basic collage. 



After a quick bite to eat, the sewing began. I am always amazed how different everyone's work is, even when given the same information. Here is the outcome of a very productive afternoon.










No comments:

Post a Comment